200g Goats butter (unsalted)
200g Granulated sweetner (suitable for baking)
1 Tsp Vanilla extract
4 Medium eggs
200g Organic self raising flour
Approximately 6 Tbsp natural jam
250ml Double cream whipped
1) Pre heat oven to 170° (fan oven) 190° (without fan).
2) Grease two 20cm baking tins.
3) Soften butter and add to mixing bowl with 200g sweetener and vanilla, mix well until it has a creamy consistency.
4) Add the 4 eggs in to smooth mixture 1 at a time, then add flour and fold in mix well.
5) Divide the mixture equally between the two tins, place into oven for 18-25 mins, the cakes should spring back when gently pushed in the middle.
6) Remove tins from oven and allow 5 mins to cool out of the tins.
7) Spread jam on to one cake and top with whipped double cream, sandwich cakes together and lightly dust with icing sugar.
I personally didn't use the cream as it can upset my stomach, I added custard to my cake, normal flour can be replaced with self rasing almond flour.