Updated: Aug 3, 2020
Ingredients needed; (Base option 1) 1 1/3 cups coconut flour 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted) 1/2 maple syrup or (sugar free fruit syrup)
(Base option 2) 1 1/2 cup almond flour 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted) 2 tbsp maple syrup or (sugar free fruit syrup)
(Caramel Layer) 1/3 cup of maple syrup or (sugar free fruit syrup) 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup of peanut butter or (almond butter)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
130g milk chocolate or (dark chocolate)
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
HOW TO MAKE;
1) Line a medium size baking dish with grease proof paper.
2) Add coconut flour or almond flour base mix into a mixing bowl and stir ingredients together.
3) Once mixture is binding together and appears drier use hands to mix further and shape in to small balls.
4) Place newly formed balls in to baking dish and using your fingers flatten the balls to cover the bottom of the dish, you can use the back of a spoon or fork to smooth out any lumps or bumps.
5) Put base layer in the freezer for 10-15 mins while making other layers.
6)To make Caramel layer, mix all caramel layer ingredients together with a spoon until mixture is smooth and lump free.
7) Take base layer out of the freezer and pour caramel mix on top of base layer and using the back of a spoon smooth out level over base layer, then place dish back into the freezer for 11-15 mins.
8) Break up chocolate in to small pieces and add coconut oil into a bowl, place bowl in the microwave for 30 sec intervals and stir between intervals until smooth.
9) Remove the dish from the freezer once more and pour melted chocolate mix on top of caramel layer once again smoothing it out evenly, replace dish back into freezer for 5-10 mins.
10) Remove dish from the freezer, heat a knife blade up and VERY CAREFULLY cut and divide short bread in to equal bars, remove the grease proof paper and bars out of the dish and break each bar away from each other.
Can be stored in air tight container for up to 5 days in fridge or freezer, if frozen allow 2-3 hours to defrost before eating.
Each bar approx based on mix making 16 bars
230cal, 19g carbs, 4.1g protein, 15g fat, 3.3g fiber, 15g sugar